This recipe is derived from the Crab, Lemon and Avocado Salad recipe from the Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast cookbook as part of my 2017 A Year of Cooking Light Challenge.
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Approximate Cost per Serving: $1.75 / plate
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (16 oz) package clump imitation crab meat
- 1/2 cup (sliced) green onion
- 8 leaves lettuce (1 head of lettuce)
- cutting board
- kitchen knife
- small bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- Peel and cube the avocado (small cubes). Add to the medium mixing bowl.
- In the small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add the crab meat to the medium mixing bowl, breaking apart the clumps as you remove it from the package.
- Thinly slice the green onion. Add to the medium mixing bowl. Toss the salad to combine well.
- Add the lemon juice from the small bowl to the medium mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
- Line the bottom of each serving bowl with two lettuce leaves. Serve the salad over the lettuce beds.