It is so good to be back! While my husband was away, I have to admit I was too lazy to experiment much in the kitchen.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
Make It a Meal: As pictured, I serve with buttered lemon broccoli and mashed potatoes.
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops (approx 1 lb)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Small bowl (I love using the colored kids’ bowls from Ikea)
- Large cutting board
- Kitchen scissors (or kitchen knife)
- Large skillet
- Meat thermometer
- Small or medium skillet
- Mix the spices together in the small bowl.
- Heat butter and olive oil in the large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut excess fat from the pork chops with the scissors. Rub the pork chops with the spice mix on either side of each.
- Once butter and olive oil have melted, add pork chops to the skillet and increase heat to medium high. Cook on each side for 5-8 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160F.
- While pork chops cook, combine the orange juice, white wine, and raspberry jam in the small/medium skillet over medium heat. Mix until jam has thinned. Bring to a boil and cook 3-5 minutes until jam has completely thinned and mixed with the juices. Bring the heat down to low, stirring every once in a while to keep from burning or returning to boil until pork chops are cooked.
- When thoroughly cooked, remove pork chops and cut width wise (I used a transfer plate to keep the juices from messing up my dinner plates). Coat with the sauce to serve.