Total Time: 10 Minutes
Active Time: 10 Minutes
Original Recipe: This recipe is a variation of a Publix Apron’s Recipe
- 1 (12-oz) bag of microwavable green beans
- 1/3 to 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- large saute pan or frying pan
- cutting board (small to medium) and knife
- measuring spoons
- Start the green beans cooking, microwaving as instructed on the bag.
- Preheat pan on medium to medium-high heat (for about 3 minutes while you chop the onion and garlic).
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Add butter, onions, and garlic to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes (until onions start to soften and lose coloring), stirring occasionally.
- Drain beans, if needed. Add to pan with salt and pepper. Mix together. Cook 3-5 minutes until onions are soft.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.