Total Time: About 35 minutes
Active Time: About 35 minutes
Make It a Meal: Serve with quinoa or a quinoa/rice blend (as shown in the recipe below)
If You Have Time: Marinate the pork and veggies for an hour for more flavor (recommended!)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons A1 steak sauce or Heinz 57 sauce (or similar)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon on steak seasoning or steak rub
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 red onion
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops (approx 1 to 1 1/2 lbs) (1/2 – 3/4 in thick)
- tabletop grill (George Foreman)
- cutting board (medium to large) and knife
- apple corer/slicer (strongly suggested)
- large resealable bag
- meat thermometer
- medium mixing bowl
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- if preparing the suggested quinoa, you will also need
- large saucepan
- olive oil
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Wash/rinse toppings (onion, apple, pepper). Remove the ends, seeds, and core of the pepper and the apple. Remove the ends, top layer/skin, and center of the onion. Slice each into 1/2 in thick slices. Mince the garlic (removing the ends and peel/skin first).
- If serving quinoa, begin to boil the water/oil as directed on the box/bag instructions. Prepare as directed in box instructions.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in the large bag. Seal and shake to mix. Add veggies/toppings and pork chops to the bag. Shake to evenly coat.
- Remove veggies/toppings from the bag; place the slices on the grill. Leave the pork chops in the bag to marinate. Close the lid and grill until the peppers and apples are softened and browned and the onion is clearer (about 5 minutes). Remove peppers and apples from grill and set aside in the mixing bowl.
- If the grill has a tilt option, set the grill to flat/level. Place pork chops on the grill. If the grill is positioned level, drizzle some of the remaining marinade on the pork chops before closing the lid. Grill 4 to 5 minutes until the internal temperature is 160F as measured with a meat thermometer.
- Serve with a pork chop on top of a bed of quinoa. Top the pork chop with the apples, peppers, and onions.